The versatile face and body treatment offered at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa includes
- Non-surgical face lifting
- Wrinkle reduction
- Skin tightening
- Skin rejuvenation (illumination)
- Pore reduction
- Acne and other scars
- Stretch Marks
- Spider veins (Veincure option)
- Keratosis pilaris (Keratosis pilaris)
Here are few of the treatments suggested by experts of CMA Primary Care & MedSpa
- It is important to stay hydrated as the energy reacts with water in the skin. The better you are hydrated, the better result you will have
- Avoid NSAID medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen for at least one week prior to treatment. These can interfere with the important inflammation process that heals the skin
- Tylenol may be taken prior to treatment to ease discomfort
- If you have a history of cold sores, we may pre-treat with preventative medication
- Stop topical medications such as retinol and acids (glycolic, alpha hydroxy) several days prior to treatment
- Do not apply makeup on the day of treatment. Cleanse the skin thoroughly before the treatment. That is also done by practitioners at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
Secret RF uses minimally invasive gold-plated micro-needles to deliver precisely controlled RF energy directly into the deeper layers of the dermis avoiding damage to the skin surface. This produces a fractionated denaturing of dermal tissue (similar to fractionated laser) inducing new collagen and elastin production. Unlike a fractionated laser, however, there is minimal damage to the skin surface resulting in a safer treatment with minimal down time as seen in the usual practice at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa.
Tightens skin, minimizes pores, reduces scarring, acne scarring, and lightening pigmentation, this dramatically reduces wrinkles and stretch marks. CMA Primary Care & MedSpa’s expert practitioners take special care of safety, hygiene and ease of treatment.
The treatment is recommended safe by doctors of CMA Primary Care & MedSpa for all skin types and skin tones (unlike many lasers that can’t be used on certain types of skin).
As illustrated by consultants at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa, this is a very safe cosmetic procedure with few side effects and little down time. Side effects can include:
- Redness lasting 1-2 days
- Minor swelling lasting up to 3 days
- Minor bruising (rare)
- Skin color changes (rare and most common in dark skin patients)
- Patterning of treated skin (temporary)
- Infection (rare)
Secret RF needling combines both skin micro-needling and Radiofrequency rendering a synergistic effect that tends to signify a much better effect as compared to the combined effect of each individual treatment. That is why we at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa recommend it.
Traditional RF uses a handpiece that sits on top of the skin’s surface. The RF energy needs to penetrate through the surface layers of the skin before it produces an effect thus delivering RF at a lower energy level producing less collagen stimulation even though effective.
Secret RF Micro-Needling, on the other hand, uses the micro-needles to deliver the fractionated RF energy directly and precisely into the dermis. The RF energy administered this way has greater heating and denaturing effect on the dermal collagen resulting in greater stimulation of new collagen and more effective re-modelling producing better and more consistent results. Its effect is closer to a fractionated laser than traditional RF. It is done using the most technical equipment available at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa. In addition to this, the micro-injuries induced by the physical needling produce additional collagen stimulation and also can help in reducing skin pigmentation which traditional RF cannot do. Therefore, enhancing the effect of this treatment.
Here are few of the personal observations of consultants of CMA Primary Care & MedSpa
- Depending on the strength of treatment, there may be a range of downtime from 1-3 days.
- Expected side effects include redness, mild discomfort, pinpoint bleeding, bruising, and swelling. You may see a grid in the skin, and you may or may not see much peeling.
- It is okay to use an ice pack for comfort, but do not use this excessively. Some swelling is a good thing and helps to improve the results.
- To help with swelling, you may sleep with your head elevated.
- Keep the area covered at all times with Aquaphor or Vaseline. Do not let it dry out.
- Do not pick at any scabs or peeling skin. This may result in scarring.
- Avoid any direct sun exposure for one week. After that, it is important to strictly use a physical sunscreen (containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide). Practice this for a month at least.
- Using make up within 24 hours of treatment is recommended whereas after a little care you can embark on with your usual practice.
- Avoid alcohol for several days after treatment.
Collagen production and remodeling are seen after 4-6 weeks. However, the final results are visible after two or three sittings prescribed with a monthly difference. Most people will see significant improvement after 2-3 treatments. The more treatments you have with the increasing intensity of the treatment, the more improvement you will see. Dr Tallapureddy’s team at CMA Primary Care & MedSpa tries to bring improvement with every other treatment session.